After reading Hubspot’s post about their top inbound marketing posts for 2009, I took a look at my own blog stats for 2009.
My top posts include social media, which I expected, since it’s a hot topic (post anything about social media on Twitter and it’s bound to get retweeted multiple times).
Of the posts I wrote in 2009, here are the top posts covering B2B Marketing and Social Media.
2. Leads from Website Best B2B Lead Gen Tactic — A review of Mac McIntosh’s 2009 Lead Generation Benchmark report.
3. Social Media: It’s About Engagement, Not Page Views — In this post I discuss why measuring the number of followers or page views isn’t the right way to measure social media effectiveness.
4. Big SEO Mistake #1: Using a “Plug and Play” Website Template — Why small businesses are getting hosed by companies who sell them Website templates.
5. What You Can Learn from Cisco’s B2B Viral Video Campaign — This is one of my favorite posts because 1) I got to meet Brian Ellefritz; and 2) I used this case study in the first presentation I gave on social media — which was just last year!
(Hint: When an organization asks if you can address a certain topic, say “Yes.” That’s how I fell into social media.)
6. Building Your Online Brand: Five Basic Strategies — Five tips for building your online brand. Nothing earth shaking but stuff most people neglect to do.
Thanks for reading this blog and inspiring me to continually post content that gets read.