Nice e-book from Schenkel / Stegman Communications Design, written by Stephanie Tilton of Savvy B2B Marketing fame, and sponsored by AG SalesWorks: Gear Up for Success: 8 Steps to Get Sales and Marketing Cranking in Unison.
As the title states, the e-book covers how to get sales and marketing to work together in order to “sell the way buyers want to buy.” As we all know, the Internet has completely upended how companies sell to other companies — and it’s more important than ever that companies’ sales and marketing teams be on the same page with regard to defining, attracting and nurturing leads.
Stephanie culled insights from blog posts and articles online, and interviewed leading experts for ideas and recommendations you can put into play today. Strategies include:
1. Identifying your ideal customer
2. Defining a qualified lead and processes for generating and nurturing them
3. Developing messaging and executing a more comprehensive yet targeted marketing strategy
4. Creating content that attracts, engages, and nurtures
5. Connecting where prospects spend time
6. Implementing an inside sales/teleprospecting strategy for lead follow-up and qualification
7. Handing leads off to sales
8. Closing the loop, measuring the results, and refining your strategy and tactics
Even if you’re an advanced marketer, you’ll find lots of nuggets in this e-book. I especially like the tip from Brian Halligan, CEO of HubSpot. “Every time a lead enters your system,” he says, “automatically find the lead’s Twitter and LinkedIn profile, so the sales person can see what is on the lead’s mind (by following them on Twitter) and who is most closely connected to them (by looking at the LinkedIn info).”
In addition, your CRM system should incorporate the various feeds from social media platforms for each lead. With this information inside the system, sales people and teleprospectors doesn’t have to do time consuming research to see what each prospect is thinking / talking about. It’s all right there in the lead’s record.
Whether you’re a small or mid-sized B2B marketer, you’ll get a great deal of information from Gear Up for Success. You can download your copy without having to register for it.